[Dxspider-support] Node list not Mojo........

Wolfram - dl3ami dl3ami at darc.de
Sat Feb 25 17:29:54 GMT 2023

Hello,
it is nice, if the mail-writer could mentione his node-call

Ok, I am the sysop for db0erf-5 and db0erf-7 (all DB0ERF). DB0ERF-7 it running
at a very old system with some old Ham-programs.
The mails in the dx-spider-report are how a terror. 20 mails per day are not
that rare.
The one, who can request to move to mojo is Dirk!!!! He has the work

DB0ERF has running dx-cluster about since 30 years (AK1A, CLX and since 20
years dx-spider – thank you Dirk!!!). DB0ERF has many other ham-programs. DO
you still know packet-radio, DP-Box, convers-programs, APRS, Easypal   and so
on???? They are running at DB0ERF.
For DX-Cluster – its db0erf-5 - I have a second PC with mojo-cluster and
APRS-Tier2-server.

There are many reasons to run an old DX-Spider. Perhaps its not possible to
change the system and the cluster-runtime. Or it wouldn’t be possible to
restart the cluster each week because 100
 1000 user are disconnected.

I think it’s up to date for much sysops running a cluster on Raspberry having
1 to 10 users. ????

A cluster update does not need  big scripts. 2-3 commands are enough. And an
automatic newstart – ohhhhh.( I must learn this is not the best. I have had
1500 PC’s on Windows which are not running after an update.)

DB0ERF-7 can not be connected from users. Its only for special use on an old
SuSE-machine. And so it should be no problem.

If Dirk want to leave the master-cluster, I can understand this.
But like I said, there are many reasons to keep the cluster in the existent
state.

Each SYSOP can configure his own bad-filter. Dirk has done a great job with
his DX-Spider – Thank you verry much.
But the other is terror – I think. I don’t have the time.

73 de Wolfram DL3AMi

I have an private E-Mail with dl3ami at darc.de – its not necessary to debate
each theme in the big round
.