[Dxspider-support] Node list not Mojo........

Kin ea3cv at cronux.net
Sun Feb 26 11:14:35 GMT 2023

Wolfram,

> It's good, if the mail writer could mention his node call ...

The one, who has posted "xx" is EA3CV.

> The one, who can request to move to mojo is Dirk!!!! He has the work...

Maybe you should read what Dirk has written recently about the Master and
Mojo branch.

> Or it wouldn't be possible to restart the cluster each week because 100
... 1000 user are disconnected.

A machine with 1 CPU and 2 GB RAM takes 3 seconds to restart the node. Users
are connecting and disconnecting without often detecting an Internet outage.

> A cluster update does not need big scripts. 2-3 commands are enough. And
an automatic newstart - ohhhhh.( I must learn this is not the best. I have
had
1500 PC's on Windows which are not running after an update).

Luckily this is not Windows and an update goes through running 3 commands,
and one to undo the update.

> But like I said, there are many reasons to keep the cluster in the
existent state.

Nobody is being forced to do anything they don't want to do. So far what has
been asked is that it would be convenient to upgrade to the Mojo branch in
its latest releases. Each sysop can do what he thinks is convenient, it is
his node, just as the rest can consider what is best at any given moment for
the correct functioning of the network.

Kin EA3CV