[Dxspider-support] Secure node to node connection proposal

Matthew Chambers mchambers at mchambersradio.com
Sun Feb 26 10:55:12 GMT 2023

How do you do SSH over packet radio as that's still a real use case for
the packet cluster?

I think this proposal is throwing the baby out with the bath water and
will kill all but a handful of nodes as there won't be hardly any
logging programmers willing to rewrite their software to support SSH so
a lot of users will just go somewhere else. Telnet is somewhat easy as
it's just a TCP connection, but to have to involve keeping up with
OpenSSL or similar and not all programming environments natively support
SSH either.

Matthew NR0Q

----
Matthew Chambers, CBRE
Amateur Operator NR0Q
Tulsa, OK - Tulsa ARC

GridTracker Development Team Lead

SBE Certified Broadcast Radio Engineer

--
The content of this email is confidential and intended for the
recipient

Please do not print this email unless it is
necessary. Every unprinted email helps the environment.