[Dxspider-support] Secure node to node connection proposal

Ian Maude ijmaude at icloud.com
Sun Feb 26 13:33:16 GMT 2023

This is quite a thread but I would just like to comment about a couple of things.

First, this is the third time, the THIRD, that I have agreed with Iain about something.  I must be getting old :)

Secondly, I would like to say a mahoosive thankyou to Dirk for the work he has put in recently.  Knowing Dirk, I am sure he has other additions in the pipeline.  Over the past month or so, I no longer see any of the things that are reported.  DXSpider is doing a magnificent job of keeping the cluster clean.

That said, don’t stop ideas rolling in.  Ideas are what got us this far.  It may not be the way we collectively wish to go but they all help.  I can understand the wish to tie down the cluster as much as possible but we have to remember that this is a hobby.  Our major issue is not the cluster per se.  It is sites like DXSummit that have been a PITA for years.

Running a DXSpider node is VERY low maintenance, and I speak as someone who has over 3700 registered users.  I spend about 15 minutes each day checking over the 2 nodes that I run.  That is all it takes.  How good is that!

73 Ian