[Dxspider-support] What exactly are the country files used for?

JOSEPH REED joe at n9jr.com
Mon Jan 2 22:24:52 GMT 2023

Not a dumb question.  They are used to identify what DXCC entity, CQ and ITQ zone a station is in.  They allow for accurate logging so if you upload a LoTW contact it is for the correct entity.  Today I worked W6W which intuitively you would think it was California, but it was actually Hawaii and my logging program recorded it as KH6.

If they are old you may not get the results you are expecting.

73,
Joe N9JR