[Dxspider-support] DXSpider mojo branch build 482

Kjell Jarl kjell.jarl at bahnhof.se
Sun Jan 22 15:52:58 GMT 2023

Thanks Dirk,

If I understand correctly, my external address will be used as the
spotter address when on local ip numbers.

Both interfaces are DHCP but changes rareley, is there a way to tell if
it has been broken or I got it right in the first place?

73

Kjell

On 2023-01-22 15:15, Dirk Koopman via Dxspider-support wrote:
> On 22/01/2023 11:37, Kjell Jarl via Dxspider-support wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> How are spots issued from my local network (192...) on the local
>> interface treated? Will it  be dropped now or in the future?
>>

> Ah, you'll be one of my customers for the snippets below
>
> TLDR:
>
> Stick these lines in your startup script file
> set/var $main::localhost_alias_ipv4 '<external IPV4 address of node>'
> set/var $main::localhost_alias_ipv6 '<external IPV6 address of node>'
> #if any
> set/var @main::localhost_names ('127.0.0.1', '::1', '192.168.1.30') #
> or whatever your internal net address(es) are
>
> Kin EA3CV, for instance, has many more internal network addresses,
> over and above the localhost addresses. There is no theoretical limit.
>
> 73 de Dirk G1TLH
>>
>> 73
>>
>> Kjell, SM7GVF
>>
>> On 2023-01-20 15:41, Dirk Koopman via Dxspider-support wrote:
>>>

>>> 20Jan23=======================================================================
>>> 1. Add the variable @main::localhost_names to allow other IP
>>> addresses to
>>>    be treated in the same way as localhost in item 1 on 19Jan23
>>> below. NOTE
>>>    you must include ALL the normal localhost names + any other interface
>>>    names that you might want to include:
>>>
>>>       set/var @main::localhost_names qw(127.0.0.1 ::1 192.168.1.30)
>>>
>>>    using the qw() construction is easier than:
>>>
>>>       set/var @main::localhost_names ('127.0.0.1', '::1',
>>> '192.168.1.30')
>>>
>>>    but either will work. You can define as many IP addresses as you
>>> like and
>>>    they can be IPV4 or 6.
>>>
>>>    You do NOT need to fiddle with this unless you specifically have more
>>>    than just the normal definitions of localhost. So for 'normal'
>>> nodes with
>>>    one external interface, you DO NOT NEED TO DO ANY OF THIS.
>>> 2. Added CTY-3304 prefix data
>>> 1. Introduce aliasing for localhost in DX Spots and outgoing PC92 A