[Dxspider-support] Hamclock connections

Stephen Carroll aa4u.steve at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 13:17:10 GMT 2023

David,

Thanks for the detailed information you provided regarding HamClock. Based
on your description and the reply email Michael received from the author
(Elwood), it's clear that nothing has changed since he and I exchanged
emails last year. I brought up the same concerns with him that Michael
shared with examples and got the same overall response. Yes, HamClock is
really cool and displays lots of information on your monitor screen.
However, it gets all that data by querying whatever cluster it's connected
to. Elwood's reply confirms these facts of this intense "resource hog" in
action, especially when multiple node users are running this software. I
read through the HamClock manual last year to get familiar with it,
especially the user settings. It was then that I decided not to allow
HamClock anywhere near my nodes. I don't need to run HamClock myself, since
I can see it in action on the cluster window.

Thanks again for sharing your insight.

73, Steve - AA4U