[Dxspider-support] Hamclock connections

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Mar 2 19:01:14 GMT 2023

I am struggling to  understand why HamClock requires a "keepalive"
timer. It's a TCP based connection that will have ICMP turned on (unlike
certain TCP connections in day$ job). This means that he *will* get
notified if his connection goes away ("connection reset by peer"). But,
in any event, if there is no output for a user for more than 11 minutes
(extremely tight filtering perhaps), the he will get a prompt.

But, getting traffic - by itself - *should* reset his "keepalive" timer.

This has reminded me that I needed to have a method of changing this
"idle timer" prompt interval from 11 minutes. This will appear in a
release RSN.

Dirk G1TLH