[Dxspider-support] Connect/Disconnect nodes

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Mar 4 00:45:19 GMT 2023

And I strongly suspect the nodes that have this problem have more than 5
(now 10) concurrent command syntax errors in their startup scripts. In
the light of recent events I have become very strict about command
syntax checking (which is also what caught the recent 'sh/dx/30' issue)
which is why this manifested itself in the latest builds. It's fixed.

So:

1. Please update

and

2. Look at your startup scripts and remove any syntax errors. Do a
'show/log' just after restarting the node to see which are the offending
lines. In the example I looked at, it had 10+ plus lines of HTML error
messaging in it. Very odd.

As to why the only thing (that I have so far found) that caused this
were pings, would require me to get into too much detail. Suffice to say
that's 2 1/2 hours of my life I won't get back. If you have startup file
errors in future, you will just get errors in your log files.

I am grateful to Fulvio HB9DHG for his help, by letting me have my evil
way with his node. I've left it updated :-)

73 Dirk G1TLH