[Dxspider-support] Cloning node to new machine - guidance needed

Mike G3YPP mike at g3ypp.uk
Wed Mar 8 10:24:46 GMT 2023

I want to move my node MX0NCA-2 to a newer machine with more RAM and HDD space.

On the new machine I have installed Debian 10, Apache2, PHP 7.4 and MariaDb 10.6 with phpMyAdmin plus all the required perl modules.   That is all working.
I have set up spider group and sysop user etc.

Can I just copy the spider folder from the old machine to the new one and then run it as a service?  I have 52 registered users.
Or do I need to do a clean install from git?  Will this load the mojo branch?

Ultimate aim is to get DXSpider to use MariaDB and then have some web node stats available.
Looking for guidance

Mike G3YPP
Sysop at MX0NCA-2

Sent from Mail for Windows