[Dxspider-support] Cloning node to new machine - guidance needed

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Mar 8 10:35:30 GMT 2023

rsync -av /home/sysop/* <newmachine>:/home/sysop
ln -s /home/sysop/spider /  # if you have not already done so on the new
machine

It will copy which ever version you are currently running and will have
everything that the current machine has.

You will need to cp /spider/dxspider.service /etc/systemd/system

BE WARNED: running the new machine while the old machine is running and
connecting outside will likely cause problems. It would be a good idea
to rename /spider/local_cmd/crontab on the new machine until you change
over.

73 Dirk