[Dxspider-support] Updating to build 519

Kin ea3cv at cronux.net
Sat Mar 18 17:17:53 GMT 2023

Hi,

I've tried moving from build 517 to 519 and haven't detected any problems. I have tried the option with and without backup.

The latest version fixes the update of the repository data, so there should be no problems with the update.

When it's not in the latest version, it doesn't update so you should get a trace in the debug file with something like this:

1679156894^(chan) -> D EA4URE There is no new build.

But if it does update, you should see the following:

1679156687^(chan) -> D EA4URE There is a new build

Once the download from the remote repository is done, use the spider 'shut' command to proceed with the restart of the node. If the node is not restarted and you have done the 'git pull', it is possible that the 'shut' command will not work either if you run it from the console. Those who have restarted and found that their node was already up to date may have this problem. I advise you to analyse the traces in the debug file after the message: 'There is a new build'.

I guess I'm not the only one who has had it work.

Again it is important to make sure you have version: 20230306 v1.12a

Kin EA3CV