[Dxspider-support] Self Spotting

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Mar 24 21:35:25 GMT 2023

Given the results of the survey where an overwhelming majority want to
allow it.

https://strawpoll.com/polls/6QnMOQzkoZe/results

I have put the option in some time ago, and in the next build I shall be
(re-)setting the current default of $Spot::minselfspotqrg = 1240000 to
$Spot::minselfspotqrg = 0;

This leaves the option open for sysops to determine their own policy for
this, by doing the set/var that they want in their node's startup file.
Alternately, they *could* come together and set them manually for
specific (big) contests as required.

NOTE: this build will not be on general release until after this weekend
as it handily enforces the rules du jour.

UNLESS we have the sort of silliness that happened last time and I have
to deploy other counter measures which I have been testing recently.

Dirk G1TLH