[Dxspider-support] Filtering example - can anyone figure this out?

Martin Davies G0HDB marting0hdb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 20:21:11 GMT 2023

On 29 Oct 2023 at 0:18, Michael Carper, Ph.D. via Dxspider-suppor wrote:

> I've tried to set my filters as follows:

[Snipped]

> While the first four filters work, filter5 doesn't work. Specifically, I
> see spots from spotters outside of "w,ve".
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Mike, WA9PIE

Hello Mike, I've just checked the Filtering manual and it shows that the syntax for including
one or more prefixes in a filter is just 'by' rather than 'by_dxcc' as you've shown in your filter 5
- 'by_dxcc' is the pattern that needs the DXCC numbers as you've shown.

On this basis you could use (without the subsequent line that includes 'by_dxcc'):

accept/spot 5 by w,ve

Or alternatively you could try modifying filter 5 to be a reject filter, ie.

reject/spot 5 not by w,ve

Hope this helps,

---
Martin, G0HDB