[Dxspider-support] Prefix lookup error

djk djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 06:45:50 BST 2023

This is a legacy issue. DXSpider existed before M callsigns were being
issued and also in a time when people were very lax about whether they
added their mobile/portable/other country etc callsigns before or after
their callsigns in spots. Given that, you can see where this is going:
DXSpider thinks M/DL5AAA is in Germany - mobile.

It needs fixing, but I am not in a place where I am comfortable doing
it. It will have to wait until next week.

Also, DXSpider has no concept of licence classes. If it is a known
prefix; in the prefixes file, then DXSpider will apply that prefix to
the spot in <prefix>/<call> situations. But then there is still the
confusion where people do <call>/<prefix>(/P) if that prefix happens to
be M. There is only so much parsing I can do ...

73 Dirk G1TLH