[Dxspider-support] 01.dat file missing

Tony K1AX k1ax at outlook.com
Tue Feb 6 17:02:42 GMT 2024

Hi,

Question from a beginner. I recently installed WSL2 with the Ubuntu 22.04.3 distro. I then ran SV5FRI's installation script and all appears to be working ok with the exception of the following message, which repeats a dozen or so times when launching cluster.pl: '/usr/bin/tac: failed to open '/spider/local_data/log/2024/01.dat' for reading: No such file or directory'

The only file in the /spider/local_data/log/2024 post installation was '02.dat'. I created an empty file called 01.dat and the error messages disappeared on startup, but I'm concerned that might not be the correct solution.

What is '01.dat' used for and how is the file normally created?

73,

Tony K1AX