[Dxspider-support] MRTG graph for RBN spots

U. Habel rhaen at pkgbox.de
Thu Feb 22 12:41:42 GMT 2024

Hi Keith,

I had a look into it but couldn’t find it straight away :) So here is my understanding what needs to be done:

- The /spider/perl/RBN.pm needs to be changed so that it features a variable that has the current number of spots available at that time. I’ve seen there are functions for a 1, 10, 1hr minute function that’s being used to send a debug message to the debug log.
Given the nature of the RBN.pm implementation it keep the spots for a certain amount of time before it actually displays the number of spots. That would be a good place to have this variable

- The /spider/cmd/mrtg.pl needs to be extended to query the variable from the RBN.pm module above.

Here is how it’s all glued together: the subroutine of RBN.pm::per_10_minute is used inside perl/cluster.pl and runs in a Mojo::IOLoop in a timer :-) SOO….;-)

My idea: Implement a 5 minute routine in RBN.pm, Setup an IOLoop in perl/cluster.pl and add the appropriate section to cmd/mrtg.pl

Am I missing something here?

As of now - you can quickly look up some stats using a grep on the debug log file.

grep 'RBN:STATS 10-minute' /spider/local_data/debug/$(date +%Y/%j.dat)

 I am interested in that as well and will start playing around with it next week.

73, Uli