[Dxspider-support] Database queries

Aurelio Bellussi (PA3EZL/AA2WH) pa3ezl at qsl.net
Sun Apr 22 22:13:28 BST 2001

Hello,

After playing with remote databases I found a strange behaviour of dxspider.
At PA4AB-14 (spider) there is a local database called 'QSL'. When I query
it with a key that is in the database I receive the following reply:

dbshow qsl ty1ni
Sending your request(s) to PA4AB-14, please stand by...
PI5EHV de PI5EHV-8 22-Apr-2001 2111Z>
PA4AB-14:TY1NI VIA PE1IVQ
PA4AB-14:UPDATED BY DL1SBF:  25-FEB-1997  1601Z

This looks normal to me. Now another query with a key that isn't in the list:

dbshow qsl vk9ml
Sending your request(s) to PA4AB-14, please stand by...
PI5EHV de PI5EHV-8 22-Apr-2001 2106Z>
PA4AB-14:Need a callsign; usage: DX [BY call] freq call comments

The last line is wrong and should be something like 'VK9ML not found...'

73 de Aurelio-pa3ezl