[Dxspider-support] 1200 bit/s and CVS

Kjell Jarl K-Jarl at algonet.se
Mon Apr 23 07:37:42 BST 2001

Hi
I would like to warn you not to do as I did when upgrading.
I started a CVS upgrade late in the evening over my 1200 bit/s radio. As
it took so long time I went to bed. In the morning I had forgotten it
all. After work, I found that the node was off. I had to go to the site
and press the reset button (the PC had went out of virtual memory and
was killing processes it seemed).

It seems dxspider will crash the system if not restarted after
upgrading?

I have to find another way than CVS for remote nodes... any suggestions?
(I admit not reding enough manuals on the subject yet).

73
Kjell, sm7gvf