[Dxspider-support] Connect script problem

Ian J Maude ianmaude at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 19 09:35:34 BST 2001

On 19 Aug 2001 07:49:17 +0100, g3orh wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
>              testing the script file there seems to be a problem with
> response times. I used one of my ethernet nodes to simulate the output of
> the connect script. If I input all the connect commands immediately one
> after the other without waiting for *** Connected to for each stage I get
> the same results
Hi Colin,
Have you tried increasing the timeout value?  At the top of all my
scripts and the examples there is a line...

timeout 35
abort (Busy|Sorry|Fail)

Increase the timeout value to see if that helps.  I agree that a wait
command would be useful at times and also I will look at documenting a
generic line such as you described in the manual.
Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ianmaude at btinternet.com
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider