[Dxspider-support] DXSpider - AGWPE connect failure

n4dw at juno.com n4dw at juno.com
Sun Jul 29 16:21:18 BST 2001

Hi All,

My previous problem resolved: install perl via <control panel> <add new
software>

Other setups and installation seem to have gone well.

Current status:

I do not have internet access presently on the packet cluster machine.

AGWPE is up and running, indicates connection to the kam/tnc and shows
frames sent and received.

cluster.pl executes and the following appears:

C:\Spider\perl>perl cluster.pl
Possible unintended interpolation of @juno in string at
/spider/local/DXVars.pm
line 47.
"EINPROGRESS" is not exported by the Errno module at /spider/perl/Msg.pm
line 46

"EWOULDBLOCK" is not exported by the Errno module at /spider/perl/Msg.pm
line 46

DXSpider Version 1.47, build 50.247 started
Copyright (c) 1998-2001 Dirk Koopman G1TLH
starting listeners ...
Internal port: localhost 27754
External Port: 0.0.0.0 7300
AGW initialising and connecting to 192.1.1.2/8000 ...
Cannot connect to AGW Engine at 192.1.1.2/8000 Unknown error
load badwords: Ok
reading in duplicate spot and WWV info ...
DXChannel N1HEJ created (1)
reading existing message headers ...
load badmsg: Ok
load forward: Ok
load swop: Ok
@msg = 1 before delete
@msg = 1 after delete
reading cron jobs ...
cron: reading /spider/cmd/crontab
cron: adding 1 0 * * 0 DXUser::export("$main::data/user_asc")
reading database descriptors ...
doing local initialisation ...
orft we jolly well go ...
queue msg (0)
queue msg (0)

perl winclient.pl results in connection to cluster from the host machine.
 Commands are active and normal cluster activity is achieved.

There seems to be four problems:

1> E-Mail address.  This I can make go away by putting # in front of that
line in DXvars.pm
Is there a better way around?

2> "EINPROGRESS"
&
3> "EWOULDBLOCK"  I'm totally out of my league here, help is required.

4> AGW initialising and connecting to 192.1.1.2/8000 ...
   Cannot connect to AGW Engine at 192.1.1.2/8000 Unknown error

I assume this is where dxspider and agwpe connect and obviously are not.
HELP, please.

Any other info needed to help in troubleshooting?

Otherwise, all appears to be in good shape, but need to get past 4> above
to know for sure.

Thanks,
Dave