[Dxspider-support] Privilege and password

Arnold Bosch (pa4ab) Pa4ab at pa4ab.net
Wed Jun 13 17:16:36 BST 2001

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:53:13 +0100
"g3orh" <g3orh at ic24.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>      Spider 1.47a Temporary assigned callsign g3orh-9

Hi Colin,

If you don't use console.pl but either telnet or ax25 and login as
g3orh-8 you need to use the 'sysop' command to get your original
assigned privilege level of 5. The sysop command will prompt you for a
baycom style password. For instance if your assigned password is 'spider'.
it could prompt you with the following numbers (randomly determined):

1 4 0 5 3

This could be seen like:

(counting starts with zero as the first letter of the password):

the 2nd 5th 1st 6th and 4th letter of your password (spider)

so entering:   pesrd     would increase your privilege in your example
to level 5.

There are other ways to enter the password but for that I gladly point
you towards the help function within spider :-), try:

help sysop
help set/password
help stat/user (shows privilege and password)

I hope this is of some help for you.

'73 Arnold (PA4AB).

Arnold Bosch (pa4ab) <Pa4ab at pa4ab.net>