[Dxspider-support] File forwarding and other questions

Martin Davies G0HDB g0hdb at amdavies.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 00:09:00 GMT 2001

On 19 Nov 2001, at 19:55, Iain Philipps wrote:

> Folks,
>
> > I am not certain this is forum for this, but I wonder whether you
have
> > counted up recently? I would challenge your percentage (I
would suggest

> I've just counted.
>
> 55% of currently operational UK cluster nodes are running Spider.
>
> 35% are running AK1A
>
> 10% are using a mix of AR-Cluster, DXNet and CLX (own up!)
>
> I think AR-Cluster is what answers "remote commands are
disabled", anyhow.

It might be interesting to see what percentages of UK *users*, who
after all are the customers for the DXCluster 'service', are
connected to the various types of node, at say 2000hrs on a
weekday evening.  I have a feeling that the figures might look a bit
different to a straight count of the node types.   Knowing the relative
sizes of the user communities would help in guiding future decisions
about making changes to the way the overall DXCluster functions
(unless the Microsoft approach is to be adopted - don't make
anything backward compatible!).

It would be useful to have a list showing node callsigns against
software fit; are the results of your investigations easily publishable,
Iain?

I've copied this to the UKCWG reflector, as that would seem to be a
more appropriate forum for this type of discussion.

--
Martin, G0HDB
Sysop GB7DXC