[Dxspider-support] Problems with user updates.

Rene Olsen rene_olsen at post3.tele.dk
Thu Apr 4 19:22:14 BST 2002

Hi.

We have changed yet another AK1A to a dx-spider node today. But boy that has given
us some problems. The user lists at the different nodes are totally messed up. We have
tried everything. Disconnecting all links and then letting things reconnect again. But
even after a total cleanup, the user lists just doesn't whow the real world.

This is an example:

OZ2DXB - OZ3DID-6 - OZ5BBS-7 - OZ2DXC

OZ2DXB = AK1A
OZ3DID-6 = spider 56.952
OZ5BBS-7 = spider 56.952
OZ2DXD = spider 56.952

OZ2DXB sends a PC16 with the following users to OZ3DID-6

OZ5FOX, OZ6MI, OZ3PZ, OZ7FOC-6

-----

The PC16 received by OZ5BBS-7 from OZ3DID-6 had the following users

OZ5FOX, OZ6MI, OZ3PZ

17:50:38 <- I OZ3DID-6 PC16^OZ2DXB^OZ5FOX - 1^OZ6MI - 1^OZ3PZ - 1^H24^

Somehow OZ7FOC-6 was "lost" at OZ3DID-6.

-----

OZ5BBS-7 sends a PC16 with the following users to OZ2DXC

OZ5FOX, OZ6MI

17:50:38 -> D OZ2DXC PC16^OZ2DXB^OZ5FOX - 1^OZ6MI - 1^H14^

Somehow OZ3PZ was "lost" at OZ5BBS-7".

-----

A sh/c at OZ5BBS-7 does NOT show OZ3PZ being connected at OZ2DXB. It does not
show OZ3PZ on the list at all. A sh/stat OZ3PZ however shows
"OZ3PZ (at OZ2DXB)"

I really don't understand why the nodelists does not match, since we have a very small
network without any loops or any other strange stuff.

The way it is now it is really not very useable, as the users canøt trust the nodelists at
all.

I really hope this can be solved.

Vy 73 de Rene / OZ1LQH

PS. Dirk, if you want me to send you the debug log, then please let me know.