[Dxspider-support] baddx, badspotter and badnode ?

Colin Harris charis.g3orh at virgin.net
Thu Jun 27 19:59:55 BST 2002

> Hi Colin.
>
> Maybe that is so. I can only write what I have just
experienced. I started out with an  official 1.49 release
and used cvslatest.tgz for updates for quite some time. Then
I  switched to CVS updating as described in the manual.
Maybe the problem is that I have  not been on CVS from the
beginning. I don't know. I just know that it did work as I
described it until I manually created the files. Now all
works fine.

> Vy 73 de Rene / OZ1LQH

Hi Rene ,
                Well I can't say I know the answer , only
what my experience has been. My method of upgrading has
always been to download the cvslatest.tgz file then install
it. Certainly at this time there's no chance of using the
proper cvs method. Since you have changed method (from
cvslatest.tgz to full cvs update direct , is there a chance
somehow that rights / ownership have somehow become changed
causing the incorrect operation. Really only a guess but in
transferring files from one cluster to my other , I
overlooked this possibility and indeed found that ownership
had been changed accidentally during transfer causing
several anomalies. (Until I sorted it ).
Worth double checking anyway just in case.

- Regards Colin