[Dxspider-support] rcmd

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Nov 15 11:36:53 GMT 2002

Firstly: Please can you explain why a privilege level of 1 is a problem?
This level, after all, only allows the same commands as a normal user,
except that you can read msgs not addressed to your own callsigns.

Setting privilege level to 0 doesn't really achieve very much.

A general point: there is *NOTHING* that passes thru the cluster network
that is private - *period*. (That is the law BTW, that is one of the
defining conditions in ITU rules that allows us to use the bands that we
do).

On the second point: I would strongly recommend that you do *not* set
the remote privilege level > 5 as to do so invites every Tom, Dick and
Sarah to destroy your cluster node. Remember that there is absolutely no
authentication in the current PC protocol and you do *not* know where a
packet purporting to come from your co-sysop has *actually* originated.

Dirk G1TLH

--
Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk>