SV: [Dxspider-support] SSID -6 problems (again?)

Clas-Olof Bergman clas-olof.bergman at se.flextronics.com
Fri Nov 29 11:02:13 GMT 2002

Hi again !

Thanks for answers so far. To Rene, well we are not using Linux, we use
WIN98 so can't fix it in ax25d.conf.
I have to study the AX25 protocoll more to understand how AX25 handels SSID.
But what I know is that this
problem started when we changed our clustersoftware  from AK1A to Spider so
it's not the links between the clusters that
converts SSID, it must be in the Spider software. Of course we can solve it
by configuring both -6 and -9 as nodes
but as -6 is common for DXC nodes in Sweden so it is confusing for users
that SM6XX-6 is suddenly called SM6XX-9
in the next cluster node list....
Else I think Spider is really super, we have had our node up for 3 months
without any reboot running under WIN98 !

Dirk, what do you say about our problem ? Any suggestions for a fix ?

73 de Classe
SM3GSK