[Dxspider-support] Spider <-> SV2AGW Packet Engine

Colin Harris chedward at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Aug 6 07:12:12 BST 2003

Charlie,

              If the KPC3 works in Kiss mode on other software successfully
( must be in kiss mode ) then a straightforward swap to the new hardware /
software should not change the KPC3 settings. First ensure it is in KISS (
run it on another machine ). then swap back to the current machine and look
for wrong serial cable connections and serial port handshaking speed plus
wrong agwpe port settings. I use a KPC3 here ( under Linux ) and have no
problems but I found the best way to confirm the settings of the KPC3 was to
use something like the Packet 5 or 6 program under DOS. I don't know AGW so
can't help there.

You could check the CMOS battery in the KPC3. My spare kpc3 won't set into
kiss as it was subjected to a lightning strike and still waits to be
repaired. ( Worth checking yours for poss damage ? )

- Regards Colin