[Dxspider-support] Administrivia

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Feb 8 11:05:36 GMT 2003

Yesterday I had a major outage. This was was after a series of shorter
ones. Sorry for any inconvience.

I have now removed Mandrake from my firewall machine and replaced it
with boring old RedHat as it is less highly optimised. Maybe the machine
won't panic now (but if it does then I know I shall have to replace it).

It all took a lot longer than it should have done because RedHat didn't
have any fealnx drivers and one of the (temporary as it turns out) NICs
was faulty in a rather strange way.

Having changed NICs again and upgraded the kernel I can now use my
fealnx drivers (original NICs) again.

One of the reasons I have changed is that the ISDN setup is a) much more
complex and b) more understandable (to me anyway) so hopefully it should
remain bonded at 128Kb all the time thus not lose routes when the extra
channel drops.

Dirk G1TLH
--
Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to