[Dxspider-support] Users vs Performance?

Arnold Arnold
Sun Feb 9 11:01:07 GMT 2003

On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 22:59:57 -0700
Kelly Jones <kjones at sullivan1.com> wrote:

> Well, I suspect I'm quickly becoming Dirk's favorite person.  :-o
>
> I've run into another situation....

Kelly,

Could you provide us with some more info, like kernel version, perl
version and what is the log telling you on the moment the "hang" appears?
Specially the last lines of /spider/data/debug/2003/0xx.dat would be
handy (if there is something at all)

a perl -v tells you with perl version you have. I have seen that the
latest versions of perl are build thread-multi with some distros,
perhaps this could be the cause? Although I doubt that Slackware 7.1
would carry such version of perl.

sysop at wrk:/spider/perl> perl -v

This is perl, v5.8.0 built for i586-linux-thread-multi

Copyright 1987-2002, Larry Wall

I have done in the past some tests too with a lot of clients connected
and I could easily reach 200 (I did't continue beyond that point)
without any problem.