[Dxspider-support] Why "Need to exchange passphrases", suddenly?

Billie & Dave Wilson n4dw at chartertn.net
Sat Oct 18 04:26:50 BST 2003

Hi All,

DXSpider node N1HEJ, long time running without a hitch.  running DXSpider V1.51 build 57.253 under WinXP

Relatively new station connecting on the RF port was connected from about last Friday until sometime this morning (Friday) when he did a disconnect and tried to reconnect within a very short period of time.  When the connection is made he sees "Need to exchange passphrases" and is instantly dumped.

I tried to connect using his callsign from the same pc using telnet and got the same response.

I shut down DXSpider and restarted and I saw
--
N4DD using NP but has no passphrase
N1HEJ using NP but has no passphrase

N4DD is using a BayCom, must be a relatively old version, and he indicated he does <ctrl-D> to disconnect.  Has done it several other times in the past with no problem to reconnect.

Anyway, I finally did a delete/user n4dd and that resolved the problem, but I'm still wondering "what the heck?"

I see one other plea for help re this same subject, but no replies via the reflector.

Can anyone give a hint re this problem?

"apropos passphrase" results in nothing.  Also, no results in a "passphrase" look in search of c:\spider\html

Thanks,
Dave
n4dw, sysop at n1hej