[Dxspider-support] Help Needed: New install on WinXP

Dave Hawes dave.n3rd at comcast.net
Sat Dec 18 21:57:54 GMT 2004

David,

Thanks for your assistance.  I *think* I'm making progress, but so
far, I'm not there.

I did do the "PPM <enter>" and got to the PPM> prompt.  However, for
each of the packages, I get a message that version "xxx" of that
package is already installed.  Hummm.

So, I go to c:\spider\perl and do "perl create_sysop.pl" and I
immediately get an error message that the program has encountered a
fatal error (or some such), and do I want to report it.  The same
happens with "perl cluster.pl", however I do get the two normal error
messages (EIN and EIOUT).

Don't know what to do at this point, other than to start over with a
fresh install of the latest from ActiveState, and try it.  Can you
think of anything else I could try?

Thanks!

Dave N3RD