[Dxspider-support] "you are connected to me" Problem

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 29 00:51:20 GMT 2004

I have been doing testing with several different users regarding the
"you are connected to me on another port" problem.

>From what I can see, packets are actually been sent out on the dead
links.  I don't understand why these links don't close when there is no
reply.

My system is running Windows 2000.  I believe the problem is with MS
software, believe it or not!  Are there any other sysops running Spider
with Windows 2000?  If so I would like to connect to them and see if
they have the same problem.

My user program detects the "you are connected to me on another port"
message.  It then generates a random SSID and reconnects.  G3VQO is
using this program.  Today G3VQO and G3VQO with 11 different SSIDs were
connected to me at the same time.  That's correct, 12 connections.  The
original link took 8 hours to disconnect after it quit working.  The
others took various amounts of time.  As I have said before, why not
simply disconnect the original link when a new one shows up with the
same call?

Lee VE7CC