[Dxspider-support] re: self spotting

Dave Edwards dave at g7rau.co.uk
Tue May 11 06:04:03 BST 2004

Hi all, thanks for all the feedback. The question was a technical
one, not an ethical one though, the ethical side I shall leave to
others :-) but....
I agree that sometimes self spotting is needed to alert other band users
 that the band is open but DX de g7XXX g7xxx cq from IO90IR means zilcho
 and serves no purpose whereas:
 DX de g7rau sk4xxx 144412 AU! I cq 144055 or
DX de g7rau MUF 144290 open es>SV1 I cq here
does in my opinion. still self spotting but in a useful? way.
OK, falling into the darkside, heading back to my dark room hihi.
73 and have fun de Dave

On 10 May 2004 at 12:00, dxspider-support-request at dxcluster.org
wrote:

> People are now starting to act like policemen and if you dont allow self
>
> spotting on your cluster then they will just use another cluster that
> does.

Dave Edwards (G7RAU)
dave at g7rau.co.uk
dave.edwards at iwcollege.ac.uk