[Dxspider-support] BPQ nearly ready to be usable?

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Thu Aug 11 13:54:45 BST 2005

I see you picked up on my comments on the AR-Cluster reflector regarding
the forthcomming AGW compatible interface to BPQ32.  Unless there is
some unexpected difficulty I should have a public beta ready in a few
weeks at the most.  There is a new BPQ32 Yahoo Group I recently
established...really as a place holder..so far there is no activity.
The beta will be posted there when ready, although asking me will get
you the beta.  Initially the documentation will be pretty scanty.  I
don't have a lot of time to prepare it, initially all I will be able to
do is something brief coupled with examples of how to use it with
AR-Cluster, UIVIew32 and UI-DX bridge, however the intention is that it
will be a drop in replacement for AGWPE in most cases meaning that
applications which work with AGWPE will work without any changes with
the new BPQ32 interface.  It will not support sound card modems directly
however, but will require AGWPE's help to do so.

Now a question for Eric...will DXSpider and Xrouter run on the same
machine?  I was under the impression that XRouter would have to run on a
separate DOS box and be coupled to DXSpider perhaps by some cable or
perhaps ethernet.  I did bring up Xrouter on a DOS box a few months ago,
but otherwise my experience is rather limited with it.

Dirk....does DXSpider currently run with the BPQ32 OCX interface?  And
if so does it write the path to the BPQ32 configuration files into the
registry?  If so there will be come complications.

Ron, N5IN