[Dxspider-support] Spider on Mandrake

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Tue Dec 6 07:21:49 GMT 2005

On Dec 5, 2005, at 7:48 PM, Tom Vavra wrote:

> Dan
>
> I ran spider on Mandrake 10.1 for almost six months.  The computer
> crashed
> within two weeks of each boot.  I think my problem was that all my
> users are
> ax25 users.  No telnet.  I have four ax25 ports, two of which are on a
> KPC-9612 requiring mkiss.  There were clues that the system was in
> a loop
> processing an interrupt.  I subsequently fell back to a 2.4 kernel
> (SuSe
> 8.2) and have been running without a crash for 3 months.

I don't know what kernel is supplied with Mandrake 10.1, but there
are ax25 issues with some of the 2.6 kernels.  2.6.14 has some
patches which have been applied to the mkiss driver which fixes these
according to recent posts to the linux-hams list.  I just did a new
install of Ubuntu 5.10, compiled and installed a 2.6.14.3 kernel and
it seems to be working fine so far (only a few hours, so that is not
conclusive).

73, Bob N7XY