[Dxspider-support] Trying to start up DXSpider

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Mon Jan 10 00:56:25 GMT 2005

I am new to DXSpider and have it all put together but I seem to have a bit
of a problem getting it going.

Here is what I see when I try to run dxspider:

sysop at linux:~/spider/perl$ ./cluster.pl
Copyright (c) 1998-2002 Dirk Koopman G1TLH
DXSpider Version 1.51, build 57.263 started
US Database not loaded
starting listeners ...
IO::Socket::INET: Address already in use
Could not create socket: Address already in use
        Msg::new_server('IntMsg','localhost',8000,'CODE(0x8ab28cc)')
called at ./cluster.pl line 433Could not create socket: Address already in
use
sysop at linux:~/spider/perl$

I had been using the address that came with the files (27754) and then
when I started getting this 'Address already in use' I switched to 8000.
And when I got that up (but not able to actually log into dxspider) I now
find that I see that this address (8000) is in use???

There must be a way around this?  Anyone please??

---
The mosquito is the state bird of New Jersey.
                -- Andy Warhol

Ted Gervais
Coldbrook Nova Scotia
Canada B4R1A7