[Dxspider-support] Setting up DXspider

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Mon Jan 10 15:39:09 GMT 2005

I have another question.  I finally got dxspider to come up, without any
complaints about it running on another port etc.. but now when I telnet to
the port I have configured in /etc/services file I can only get so far.
Here is what I see:

ve1drg at linux:~$ telnet localhost 27754
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

I can't get passed this point?  I wonder what could be causing that. I
have all the necessary entries in the services file and the inetd.conf
file.  I have re-initialized the system and in fact rebooted just to make
sure, and yet i have this 'hanging' problem.

Anyone have any comments on this??

---
The mosquito is the state bird of New Jersey.
                -- Andy Warhol

Ted Gervais
Coldbrook Nova Scotia
Canada B4R1A7