[Dxspider-support] HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Jun 18 09:59:24 BST 2005

I don't wish to seem rude but what is wrong with keeping the DXVars.pm
as it is? Everything is there for a reason. #ing out stuff that seems
irrelevant to you will stop it working.

For instance:

#$clusterport 27754
#$clusteraddr localhost

will stop it dead. It will never start, never mind work, like this.

But to answer your questions (and please don't give me a hard time
asking "why?"):-

1. Use a copy of DXVars.pm.issue as is, altering just the lines that
need it. Do not remove comments and, above all, don't # out variables.

2. All non-numeric values eg: K8JWT should be enclosed in single quotes
or double quotes eg: 'K8JWT' or "K8JWT". The difference can be important
and, in the case of an email address is: "fred\@msn.com" or
'fred at msn.com'. But other than this can be used interchangably.

3. You need to know that DXVars.pm is a piece of perl code so it must
conform to perl syntax rules.

4. $mylocator should be a proper 6 letter one.

5. I would have the $mycall as -1 and $myalias as just the callsign.

If you still have problems, attach the DXVars.pm, as is, to your
message.

Dirk