[Dxspider-support] SHOW/DX ignoring old spots

Darren G0TSM spider at g0tsm.com
Fri May 6 20:35:19 BST 2005

This is what i got using the default 100 day search period

System                    uncached secs     cached secs
P100   32MB                 up to
50                12                 Pentium laptop Win98
P1-200MMX  48MB           15                      6                  (New
GB7DXS) Good result due to small spot database
P2-200
128MB                  20                      8                  Compaq
desktop Win98
1GHz Athlon
384MB          13                      5                   Thunderbird cpu
+ 10GB Win98 or XP same results
2GHz Athlon
512MB           7                       2                   XP2400+7200rpm
40GB WinXP
2.5GHz Athlon
512MB        5                       1                   XP3000+7200rpm
120GB WinXP

I actually down graded my cluster pc back to the 1GHz Athlon as the extra
performance gained didn't seem worth all the extra heat and fan noise in
the shack!,

The way I checked the disk cache was to do a SH/DX ANYTHING after a reboot,
this ensures a clear disk cache, then run the same command again, this time
it will have been cached.

It'll be interesting to see how these results compare to other Window's
systems or compared to a Linux system.

Darren G0TSM/GB7EDX