[Dxspider-support] BPQ32_409r_Beta_20050914 problem

Eric Carling eric at g0cgl.f2s.com
Fri Sep 16 16:07:12 BST 2005

Hi Steve,

Firstly, re Xrouter - I run it together with DX Spider in one Windows (XP)
machine. It doesn't require a second computer.

I've been testing DX Spider with BPQ32. So far it doesn't work. Spider works
with Xrouter which has an AGW compatible interface so I didn't expect any
problem with BPQ's AGW interface. I see the same error - I don't know why
for certain but it seems Spider is looking specifically for AGWPE rather
than a generic AGW compatible interface. There are other AGW clients that do
this so this is not unusual. However in Xrouter, when an AGW client
application connects, that client receives exactly what it expects as if it
had connected to AGWPE, even down to a pseudo-version number (like 2005,127
for example). I think this is what is missing in the BPQ implementation. I
might be wrong but it would explain why Spider is happy to link to Xrouter
but not BPQ.