[Dxspider-support] Update Kepler data

EA7UU Jesus ea7uu at yahoo.es
Thu Feb 9 22:22:49 GMT 2006

    Hello I am Jesus EA7UU

    Good night Jean. Well I have not an idea about your permissions
problems; my knowledges about linux are superficial. When I installed
the Spider I did setp by step the permissions commented in the install
manual, and I never changed it.  One question, did you try to save the
file in a temporally directory? like /tmp or for example /home/sysop,
and after save the file on this directory you only need to do
./convkeps.pl  /home/sysop/amateur.txt  for example... it occurred to me
this idea, If a linux expert on this mailing list can illuminate us...
is welcome hihi...

    Good luck Jean...  ahhh, I am running under Suse 9.2

    that's all folks :)

Jean Létourneau (VE2PKT) escribió:
> Hi Jesus,
>
>           I never was able to get this to work, for some
> Reason I have a permission problem, but c'ant find where.
> When it try to write the amateur.txt, there is a permission denied.
> I did check the perm of the /spider/perl directory and it look good.
> I have RWX for the owner, group and other, but still. No go.
> Do you have and idea?
>
> Thanks
>
> 73 de Jean,
> VE2PKT