[Dxspider-support] tcp hangs

Kjell Jarl K-Jarl at algonet.se
Thu Jul 6 19:28:19 BST 2006

Hi,
I have at several occations noted the problem with dxspider hanging, or
rather freezes, waiting for a large TCP sendqueue to time out due to the
other node being unrechable for some reson. This may occur often if
there is a high packet loss to the node.

Has any one got a clue to this, is it a dxspider, perl or linux TCP
stack problem?

The sendqueue is around 12000 bytes or so when this freezing occurs.

I am using redhat 7.1, kernel 2.4.21-9a4gl, perl v5.6.0.

73
Kjell, SM7GVF