[Dxspider-support] Problem with AK1A node(s) ?

Stephen J Carroll scarroll at mchsi.com
Wed Mar 25 05:28:02 GMT 2009

Hello,

I'm running DX Spider Cluster version 1.55 (build 0.38) on MSWin32

In addition to having internet partners, for the past 5 years I've been
feeding spots via RF to
an AK1A node network which has been active for 20+ years.

Example:  W4QB --> NI4X --> AC4RJ

The DXSpider node is W4QB, the others listed are AK1A nodes (NI4X is
directly connected to me via
our RF backbone). I'm able to issue SH/C and see the users on AC4RJ, but
can't use the TALK or SEND
functions (nor PING the distant node) with any of their users. These
functions work with NI4X and
the telnet nodes.

I know several years ago there was extensive work on the software to drop
in-active or low-activity
nodes in an effort to keep nodelists up-to-date. Did this affect my current
problem? Is there a way
to make AC4RJ appear 'local' to me again and fix this?

Thanks in advance.

73, Steve - AA4U