[Dxspider-support] The question from beginner: dx spider installed but I don't see spots

alex sawenok sawenok at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 23:05:51 BST 2010

Hello!

I'm novice in dx cluster, and I have a problem with installation of dx
spider.

Following the manual
http://wiki.dxcluster.org/index.php/Linux_Installation#Introduction I have
installed the software on CentOS (that works under VMware and connected to
Internet through NAT).

I think, the software installed correctly and I get "4Z5LZ de 4Z5LZ-2
 3-Apr-2010 2158Z dxspider >" by running ./client

But I don’t see spots from the global network! I can add my own spots and
see them, but I don't see spots from other nodes.

Where is my mistake? I'll be very happy to get any help to solve this issue.

Thank you very much,
Alex 4Z5LZ