[Dxspider-support] New to DX Spider

ddm at lnx-vk7hdm.dnsalias.org ddm at lnx-vk7hdm.dnsalias.org
Tue Aug 3 00:46:30 BST 2010

> Hello everyone.  Just installed DX Spider on a Windows 7 system.  Only
> real problem was I installed ActivePerl 5.10.1 for 64 bit and it didn't
> have DB_File support yet.  Had to go to 5.8.9 and after searching a bit
> found the needed file for support.
>
> I've got my cluster up and running and can connect to it with telnet
> locally.  I haven't tried external yet.  So I guess now I need someone I
> can pull or be fed cluster data.
>
> I tried using "connect gb7tlh" as the example but it gives and error
> that it can't find a file.  I'm assuming that is because the gb7tlh file
> in the connect directory uses a Linux path and doesn't exist on my system.
>
> So over all I'm just wondering what my next steps are?  Also is there a
> searchable dxspider-support archive around?
>
> Thanks
> Stephen Atkins
> VE6CPU/VE6CIC

Hi Stephen,

you can connect to me if you like  115.69.164.130 port 7300

you will need a file normaly called the call sign you want to connect
like for me it would be a file called vk7hdm-2 and it would live in
/spider/connect
an in it you would have
#
timeout  15
abort )Busy|Sorry|Fail)
connect telnet 115.69.164.130 7300
'login' 'Your callsign'
'word' 'your password'
#

then in /spider/local_cmd

you would have a file called crontab  and this would look like this

# check every 10 minutes to see if vk7hdm-2 is connected and if not
# start a connect job going.
0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 * * * * start_connect ('vk7hdm-2') unless
connected('vk7hdm-2')

#

this is how mine is set up on linux fedora 13 box hope this helps let me
know if you want to link
Best Regards

Danny Moss
VK7HDM