[Dxspider-support] New to DX Spider

ddm at lnx-vk7hdm.dnsalias.org ddm at lnx-vk7hdm.dnsalias.org
Tue Aug 3 00:57:36 BST 2010

> Hello everyone.  Just installed DX Spider on a Windows 7 system.  Only
> real problem was I installed ActivePerl 5.10.1 for 64 bit and it didn't
> have DB_File support yet.  Had to go to 5.8.9 and after searching a bit
> found the needed file for support.
>
> I've got my cluster up and running and can connect to it with telnet
> locally.  I haven't tried external yet.  So I guess now I need someone I
> can pull or be fed cluster data.
>
> I tried using "connect gb7tlh" as the example but it gives and error
> that it can't find a file.  I'm assuming that is because the gb7tlh file
> in the connect directory uses a Linux path and doesn't exist on my system.
>
> So over all I'm just wondering what my next steps are?  Also is there a
> searchable dxspider-support archive around?
>
> Thanks
> Stephen Atkins
> VE6CPU/VE6CIC

Hi Stephen and everybody else

well the first post did not come out very well in file format sorry for
that I have logged in remotely and reading email.

 /spider/connect
in it
#
timeout  15    (This should be first line)
abort )Busy|Sorry|Fail)   (this should be second line)
connect telnet 115.69.164.130 7300   (this should be third line)
'login' 'Your callsign'       (this should be forth line)
'word' 'your password'  (this should be 5th line)
#

then in /spider/local_cmd

a file called crontab  this would look like this

# check every 10 minutes to see if vk7hdm-2 is connected and if not (this
should be the first line)
# start a connect job going.    (This should be the second line)
0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 * * * * start_connect ('vk7hdm-2') unless
connected('vk7hdm-2')      (this should be third line)

Hope this comes out better

Best Regards

Danny Moss
VK7HDM