[Dxspider-support] ROS Mode

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 17 02:18:58 BST 2010

Most sysops are a pleasure to work with.  However on this reflector there are several bullies who try to stifle any comments that aren't saying what a great job everyone is doing.  Constructive criticism is taken as a personal attack on them all.  They rally the troops and try to run off anyone that doesn't agree with them.  I get direct emails and phone calls from other sysops and users about my comments on here.  They are supportive of what I am trying to do, which is to clean up the cluster.  Not wanting to be the subject of abuse themselves, they are reluctant to post anything on here.  This group has a bad reputation.

Spider software is good.  Dirk has fixed a lot of bugs that the old AK1A software had.  He continues to come up with innovative ideas on how to solve problems.

I got banned from the AR Cluster reflector for saying Spider software was better than AR Cluster, which I had paid $600 for.  It had bugs that the author could not or would not fix.  For $600 I thought I was entitled to ask him to fix the bugs.  I didn't get my money back either, after I was cut off support.

I then switched to Spider under Windows.  I found that when I got to 60 users, no more could connect.  Turns out to be a bug in Perl.  I tried to work around this and finally gave up.  My background is in Windows programming so I then wrote my own cluster software.  I wrote it to be compatible with existing software, including Spider.  I continue to follow Dirk's development and make changes to mine to keep the compatibility.

I have been an AK1A, AR Cluster, Spider and now a CC Cluster sysop.  Hopefully I can contribute to the DX Cluster's success.  I am not the enemy.  The abusers of the cluster are the enemy.  They are the ones that can destroy it.  Look what they did to DX Summit.

Lee
  I never said that Lee and personal insults do not wash with me.  You have not read my previous post at all.  You shout and scream but apart from blaming other sysops you have had nothing positive to say at all.  You claim to be trying to help the network but you are being diversive and personally insulting.  I don't see what that achieves.  I actually do care very much about the network and try to protect it as much as I can.  I can also debate without resorting to personal jibes :)

  73 Ian (an Oak btw)