[Dxspider-support] Node Partners for SWL cluster?

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Mon May 3 20:54:20 BST 2010

Dirk

I have peered with Stefano, we have both set each other as isolated and
he's getting a feed from me.

The issues as I see it is that originating calls will not necessary fit
in with the filtering logic that many users have set up as the DXCC /
Zone mapping is based on callsigns. There are also potential effects on
other software & logging programs with calls that may not conform to the
norm.

Other than that I think it's an excellent  idea to have a SWL cluster,
(even a SWl cluster network if there was sufficient interest) if there
were more than one SWL cluster then they could of course propagate spots
with each other with no impact on the existing cluster network.

If the consensus is that SWL spots should be propagated then we can
remove the isolation between us .

Out of interest
How would Dxspider cope with the likes of Utility and broadcast dx
'spots' this might be a really nice thing to have for SWl's who (like
myself at times) have an interest in goings on outside of the amateur
bands. I guess a new band mappings would be needed but what other
adaptations would be required

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 18:17 +0100, Dirk Koopman G1TLH wrote:
> On 03/05/10 16:33, SWL I3-2782/VE wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I'm planning to activate a DX Cluster node only for SWL's.
> >
> > My plans:
> > the spots entered in swl node are not forwarded, but i need a node partner to receive the other spots.
> >
> > Is it possible?
> >
> > My node: 82.105.116.141 port 7300
> >

> I am struggling to see why your spots are any less valid than anyone
> else's, just because you are an SWL. I can see we will have some
> problems with originators' callsigns, but that is a different problem.
>
> As you are connected via the internet, then I can't see any legal reason
> why your spots should not be propagated.
>
> Dirk G1TLH

73
Brendan EI6IZ