[Dxspider-support] VK 4 digit suffixes

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Sun May 30 09:22:35 BST 2010

On 28/05/10 06:40, Ian Maude wrote:
> Sorry to bring this up again.  I have been running Dirks altered code to
> allow 4 letter VK suffixes for several months.  I know that you changed
> your mind on allowing them Dirk but as the world does not appear to have
> ended I wonder if you would change your mind and change it back?
>   Although the 4 letter suffixes are not formatted in the way we would
> wish, they are perfectly valid callsigns issued by authority.  After the
> debates on allowing SWL's to use clusters I cannot see why this change
> cannot be made.
> Until it is, I cannot upgrade as I have several users with the 4 letter
> suffix.

Sorry, been away practising being Dutch. With some critical acclaim it
appears (says he, buffing nails).

My memory must be going...

I vaguely remember doing this, but the details are very hazy. What build
number are you on?

I like Brendan's idea of limiting the spread. I can do that. And I can
stop them propagating out of ax25 ports.